Overwhelmed No More: Spring 2020 Community Journey
6 Ways to Discover and Live God's Vision for Your Life
With the overwhelming reality of what we are facing today, how can we continue to discover God’s vision for our lives? You may even wonder, “Does God still have a plan for me during this uncertain season?”
How do we go deeper when the chaos competes for our attention?
How do we settle our scattered minds and hold on to the promises of God during this time?
There is hope!
You do not have to feel overwhelmed anymore and you do not have to journey alone.
We are inviting you to join Becky and our community as we journey together over the next six weeks to intentionally pause, pray, and embrace a path of abundant hope, peace, and purpose.
Throughout the process, Becky will guide you to truly discover and live God's vision for your life - a vision where you are overwhelmed no more!
The Six Ways to Discover and Live God's Vision for Your Life:
- Week 1: Know You Are Not Alone
- Week 2: Pray in Daily Life
- Week 3: Center Your Life Around God
- Week 4: Clarify Your Yeses
- Week 5: Choosing Between Goods
- Week 6: Walk Boldly in Peace
This unique online retreat, based on the Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius of Loyola, provides an individual retreat experience within a virtual community of faith. Together we’ll walk through:
- Weekly video teachings from Becky
- Prayer guides, worksheets, and spiritual tools
- Go Deeper with community conversation
- Go Deeper Resources
- Weekly LIVE Zoom Call with Becky
- Video replays of the LIVE Zoom Call sent straight to your inbox!
- Go Deeper Resource Library
- Take stock of what’s keeping you busy
- Learn how to center your life around God
- Discern and prioritize your greater yes
- Gain the peace that comes from intentionally and prayerfully bringing your busyness and overwhelming circumstances to God
- Walk in the boldness that comes from clarity
Becky is an Ignatian-trained spiritual director passionate about inviting people closer to Christ. She accompanies people as they navigate deep waters of their faith lives through spiritual direction, writing, retreats, and as founder of Ignatian Ministries, a home of deep-water accompaniment. She is author of two books: The Inner Chapel (Loyola Press, April 2020) and Busy Lives and Restless Souls (Loyola Press, March 2017).
Becky currently lives in Baton Rouge, LA, where she accompanies others in monthly spiritual direction and through the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. Becky’s heart for accompaniment began over twenty years ago through retreat ministry. She invites people deeper in their walk with Christ by offering retreats and days of reflections rooted in the Spiritual Exercises. She continues to train others in the art of guiding Ignatian prayer and retreat facilitation. She is part of the Archdiocese of New Orleans Spirituality Center teaching staff where she trains spiritual directors in the Ignatian tradition. She also works with individuals and groups to teach the art of accompaniment and discernment.
Becky’s latest passion and mission is founding Ignatian Ministries, a home of deep water accompaniment. This new ministry is a spiritual gathering place for people longing for more, for those thrust into the deep end by life, and for those looking for a community to continue supporting their intimacy with Christ. Ignatian Ministries offers retreats, prayer resources, and guided audio prayer for a growing international community.
Overwhelmed No More literally changed my life!
- Jenny Kiehl, Marietta, Georgia
Frequently Asked Questions
This retreat has helped me allow God to be in control of what I do next,
to be happy where I am, and not try and pre-empt God's plans for me. In other words, to live in the moment.
- Barbara Delafield, Westhoughton, UK